We had a surprisingly successful Pi Day this year. I had no idea what to expect. I mean, we moved into a new place during a pandemic and didn't get to meet all our neighbors, and we still are only having church over Zoom, so the number of people I have met face to face and actually know is pretty small. Plus, I had no idea who would come. I sent out an invite to the Ward FB page, and to the neighborhood FB group, and personally invited all the people I did actually know. But I still didn't know if they would come or not.
People came. Probably half from the neighborhood and half from church. People I knew and people I vaguely maybe met once or saw on a Zoom class. And 4 different families from Okinawa who moved into the area also came. So I did feel special. Plus, they did eat most of the pie!
This was the pie line up.
Ready to serve!
Uh.... being served.
Many came, many ate, and many commented for weeks later how fun it was!
And here is the chicken pot pie recipe!






No comments:
Post a Comment