I have been doing Bread Ministry for about 2 months now and it is still fun. Always an adventure because you never know what you are going to get. One week there was zero bread. Sometimes there is a ton of yogurt, and one week there was 20 gallons of milk. Usually I don't get any. This is what makes it so fun!
This is what the van looked like a few weeks ago. FOUR grocery carts filled with nothing but bread, plus 2 more carts with cakes and produce. Bu the end, Rylee and I were just tossing bread into the back of the van. It was insanity!
Finally got the van loaded and were able to close the door on it all!
So much bread for people to come and get!
And bagels and english muffins and cinnamon rolls.....
And cake and guacamole and yogurt and milk!
Yikes!And more bread and rolls and cupcakes!!!
There was so much bread that day that this is what I had leftover. Probably 100 loaves of bread. I called the missionaries and they came. I called the lady that feeds the homeless and she came. But there was still so much left! I called my cousin who lives in a less affluent area here and her husband came and rescued me from all the bread. I HATE having to throw it away if no one takes it.








No comments:
Post a Comment