Setting up for Christmas requires a lot of work. We have to clean out the shed to make space to put the treadmill in the shed so we can put the tree where the treadmill goes. It is a process. And the shed is gross. And smelly. Marian and Callie helped to empty it out though. They pulled out everything! It was awesome. We then sorted stuff we really might need, and threw away everything else. It was rather glorious.
What was NOT glorious was all the black mold in the shed. This is it AFTER I had spent a while cleaning it. This is the stuff that would not come up. And look closely- those are toadstools growing in the corner!! Eewwwww. I hacked it up and utilized much bleach and it was vast improved.
Unfortunately, a lot of our Christmas stuff was smelly and moldy. Many things were covered with this white mold. I sprayed a lot of vinegar and wiped down everything I could. It was so sad.
I washed what I could. I vinegar-ed what I could. And I set a lot of stuff in the grass in the yard so the sun could help as well. And mostly it worked. The tree..... the tree, however, is rusty on one side. I shall have to work on replacing it. But for now, the rusty side is in the back and you can't even tell the lights that won't go on. So it is working out for now. The girls won't let us decorate it till Josh gets home though!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago





No comments:
Post a Comment