It was a gorgeous drive down the shore.
This chicken statue made the trip worth it to the kids!
So yay, here we are, at the northernmost point of Okinawa!
A selfie with all the kids! Hooray!
My "I was there" selfie.
And then there was this rocky outcropping that went a bit further. Therefore, it must be traversed.
Except it was all this awful jagged rock. Rylee made it about this far. Delaney wisely refused to try. But you can See Callie all the way behind Rylee!
Yep. Callie and Marian went as far out as they could. I may have been a little worried they might fall to their deaths. But I let them be strong independent women, and they successfully explored and did not die.
Josh made it out there too and here he is, posing with Marian. Such silly kids. But I was still a little scared.
Look how far it is, and the rocks were jagged and sharp and rough. But I let them go try hard things and I'm glad no one fell.
The other side of the Point. Such a pretty beach!
There was a giant chicken sculpture that you could see, and my GPS made it look like it was less than a mile away. So off we went to find it. We ended up driving down this road.
And we went up another mountain and couldn't get to the chicken. And we came back down this road.
This road almost got us there, but at the end, we had to back out a bit to turn around. We never got to the chicken.
But I did make the kids get out of the van on the way home so they could pose by the glorious water!
















No comments:
Post a Comment