Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Field Trip with Rylee to Okinawa World

 Rylee is ing to go up and be an agoraphobic cat lady.  She never wants to go do anything and she was very unhappy to have a field trip for school. I was much more excited than she was, so I volunteered to chaperone.  I had to get a ridiculous amount of security clearance done to be able to volunteer, but I did it, because I wanted to go!

It was a trip to Okinawa World to see the cool underground cave there.  Rylee apparently really hates dark places and she was a little scared of this cave.  I got to be in charge of her and two other really sweet girls and we had a good time. Except maybe Rylee, who dreaded the cave.

Chilling on the bus on the way there.

At the entrance with all the pretty flowers. 

The cave was damp and hot and drippy and filled with these never-ending stalagmites and stalactites. 

Just look how cool it was!  Okay, it was a lot more amazing in real life. 

It was really pretty in some parts as well. 

Ug, such dark and poor quality photos.  But you can see the stalagmites having down to the walkway.  Giant and impressive.  I was trying to get a photo of Rylee there, but it is not good. 


There was one area where the kids could do a little bit of climbing on the rock formations and they could touch them.  It was neat and Rylee decided this part was okay,

Courtesy selfie. She was not enthusiastic. 

Once we were done with the cave she loved everything else. 

 Obligatory photo op.

 There was a glass blowing area where you could watch them blow glass.  That was very cool, but the kids were more enthralled by this.  It had a reflexology chart for feet at the start and you walked on these glass blobs that got less and less comfortable as you went on.

 Rylee thought it was the coolest thing ever and it was her favorite part.

 We explored the snake museum and the girls were creeped out by these habu snakes in the barrel.  There was a sake bottling plant in there where you could buy sake and other things with a habu snake inside.  We did not purchase anything there!

Outside the museum was this area with what looked  like a few snakes.  Then, as you looked closer, there were snakes everywhere!!  Can you see that there are about 10 of them in the shrub?!  

And there was a cage with these adorable bats.  I want one! 

Rylee was enamored with this iguana.  Poor little thing was touched by about 100 2nd graders that day. 

Obligatory ice cream, because, well, Japan has awesome ice cream! 

My friend Amy also chaperoned the field trip and we got a selfie in front of the pretty flowers. 

 This tree was too cool to pass up a photo with.

True love in the gift shop!

No comments: