It took me way too long to realize my camera was blurry because the surface was smudgy. Oops.
It wasn't the season for the best blooms, but the flowers blooming were gorgeous!
So beautiful.
The roses were prettier before re noticed all the large bees!
We had our picnic lunch by the roller slide.
We hiked through the woods and saw this little guy.
Then we made a "Moss Ball". This is my buddy Abel, Aprils boy. And I know you are wondering what a Moss Ball is!
This is a Moss Ball. We took the plants out of their container, then wrapped them in muddy soil, squishing it into a circular shape, then covered it in moss. We wrapped thread all around the moss till it all stayed put, and viola... a moss ball! You put it on a plate to enjoy, and when it gets dry you soak it in water for 30 minutes and then put it back on your display plate.
Photobomb by my next door neighbor Andrew.
Selfie with my Moss Ball. I just like to say Moss Ball. It makes me feel like I have a lisp.
A pretty cake at the sweets factory.
Watching chocolate logs go through. (I bought some of these after and they were rich and yummy!)
It was fun to hear the tour guide explain how they make candy with seasonal themes. Since it is coming up on summer, they will make candies that encourage a feeling of lightness and embrace images like water, and things that make you feel cooler. The candies were really pretty and I have no idea what they were made of!
Pancakes are not really a thing people make for breakfast in Japan, but they are very popular in prepackaged form. These are the little pancakes before they put fillings in the middle and make a pancake sandwich. Fillings in the middle might be cream or bean paste or other odd stuff.
Free samples at the end. And then I bought way too many goodies and indulged in them!

No comments:
Post a Comment