I made some goals at the beginning of 2016. I may have proptly forgotten some of them. But I did do a pretty good job on some as well. So, in all honesty, here are the goals I wanted to do, and how well I did on them.
My Goals
1. Try 1 new restaurant a month/ Success! I did get to a new restaurant at least once each month. And I'm pretty sure I have been to more than 12 new restaurants this year. Win!
2. Get my Visiting Teaching done each month, even if it is a call or a letter. Um.... I got about 80% here.
3. Go on 6 Cultural Excursions- either in a group, with friends, or by myself. But get out, move away from my comfort zone, and see Japan. I did get out on at least 6 exciting excursions, some well outside my comfort zone (And I'm totally counting Hong Kong!)
4. Sew and finish a quilt for my bed. (I'm on a huge sewing kick right now, but so far, only baby blankets are coming out.) Nope. Nothing. Did not even start one.
5. Volunteer at the Navy Marine Corps Relief Society twice a month. I kind of got this. I actually went in for the first month or two. Then I just sewed baby blankets to donate. I earned over 900 volunteer hours, so I'll count it a check mark for YES.
6. Have a lunch date with Dan twice a month. I think we did this 75% If you count evening dates, closer to 100%.
7. Visit Hiroshima Castle Did it!
8. Go to the Motonosumi Inari Shrine- the 122 Torii Gates shrine. I didn't realize there are like 500 Inari Shrines. I went to two of them but I don't think I went to this specific one.
Bucket List Goals for 2016
1. Climb Mt Fuji I did it!
2. Do Karaoke Nope
3. Visit Cat Island No
4. Go to Universal Studios. Kind of tried to twice, but didn't get further than tentative plans.
5. Go to Kuga Park (when it is open!!) Yes!
Family Goals
1. Media/Tech-Free Wednesdays Did great till after our summer trip. Then no.
2. Do our Saturday Chores diligently (as opposed to not often, which is the current status quo) We are doing really well on this!
3. Do a better Job of Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. Ug. I'm sure I meant to make a posterboard with some sort of measuable goals on it. I think we are better, but not a lot.
4. Kids cook dinner once a month. Collossal fail. Josh makes waffles or nachos occasionally, but that's it. I totally forgot about this.
5. Go out and do more things as a family. Dan thinks we did this, but I don't feel like we really did. I should have made measurable and specific goals on this one.
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

1 comment:
Good job on all your goals! I am amazed. I started reading you post and thought, "I don't even know what goals I would make."
Post a Comment