Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, December 2, 2016

One sad girl

 I noticed a giant cavity in Rylee's tooth on a Monday evening (2 weeks ago).  The pediatric dentist was visiting that exact week (he comes through every 3 months) so we were delighted to get her seen on Tuesday, and they filled the tooth on Thursday.  No problem, right?

Wrong.  She had a fever Sunday night and a fat jaw on Monday morning.  Not good.

Can you see which side?

How about now?!

Poor baby was in pain and so sad.  I texted the dentist (who just happens ti be in our Branch) and asked if I should bring her to Dental or to her PCM.  He said he was on sick call so to bring her to Dental.  So I did.

And he pulled her tooth.

I'd been expecting antibiotics and time to prepare- probably for a trip to Okinawa to sedate her and take the tooth out.  Nope.  He gave her some gas, and an ineffective shot and pulled that tooth right out.  It was quite unpleasant.  She shrieked.  I cried.

But it was over and done and we went home and she cried for an hour while we snuggled and watched a movie.  And then she was just fine! 

This is her later that afternoon.  She's totally over it. I'm still a bit traumatized, but she is just fine.  And her mouth is fine also.  It was her first little molar, so it would have come out in about 2 years anyway.  That means nothing else needs to be done, and she is good to go.  She's a rock star!

No comments: