Dan bravely took one for the team. While I went to finish my laps for the swim challenge, he took Delaney and Rylee and Joshua off to the Zombie run. My lovely friend Michelle sent me these photos of them. While I'm sad I didn't get anything with the Zombies, I'm grateful she thought to take these.
It turns out none of the other Cross Country kids showed up, so Joshua was the only one representing. Yeah, my boy is hard core! He had a great run, and especially enjoyed finding out that he could outrun full grown men dressed as Zombies who really were trying to catch him.
Oh, and he came in second place.
Checking his finish. That bin is full of "life Belts". Kind of like flag football flag belts, if you lost your flags you were "dead". Except this was put on by the Red Cross, so to get your life back you had to answer some first aid questions. Then you could continue.
Rylee and Delaney were wet and cold and miserable. Dan had to carry Rylee the last half, and Josh came back to encourage them home.
Rylee was not happy to be cold and wet. Delaney was shocked that her poncho did not actually keep her warm and dry. She was especially unhappy that her feet were freezing and numb.
Medals went to the top 3 and the last runner. Rylee was pleased to win for being last.
These were the cool Medals. Joshua got one for his awesome second place finish as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment