Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Yes you can play, but don't get wet!

 While at Mirandas, on Thursday, we wanted to get the kids out of the house for a bit.  We made a poor decision to go to a park. It was beastly hot.  And while I had been told there was a splash pad, I had envisioned something substantially smaller than what was actually there.  You know where this is going, right?!

The kids played on the playground for a bit.  They went down the slide and swung on the swings. It was miserably hot.  We sat in the shade for a bit and the girls asked if they could go into the splash pad.  I said yes, but asked them not to get too wet, as I had not brought any towels for them to sit on on the ride home.

Well, it did not go like I planned!

Rylee loves this swing.  She was happy to be pushed for a while.

Marian was happy to sit in the shade.  Too hot to be running around. 

It started like this- "Look Mom, I'm in the middle and I'm dry!" 

And then it was "Oops, I'm soaked!" very quickly. 

Josh and Marian had to gear up to jump in. 

They thought they were SO cool. And, I guess, they were. 

End result.... pretty wet. 

I don't think Rylee even tried to stay dry. 

Saturated.  That's what she was- saturated. 

But this one took first prize! 

And had a fabulous time!

It really wasn't a big deal that they were soaking wet.  Halfway through the drenching I realized that their suitcases were in the trunk of the van, so they (mostly) had clothes to change into.  Yay!

No comments: