Well, when everyone already knows what is going on, there isn't much to report, even when there is stuff to report because everyone has already heard it. But this is for posterity. Because I am going to make a book of all my blog posts at the end of this year and I'm going to want to remember this.
School starts tomorrow. I am a little sad, but mostly delighted. The kids seem to have a mixture of feelings on the subject as well. Joshua is going into High School and Marian is starting Jr High. Callie already knows she has an awesome teacher, and Delaney has one that may be a little impatient (so I have been told, but I'm hoping that's just a single perception). Rylee will finally get to go to Kindergarten! It is pretty exciting! I will have all my little ducklings in school together and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself!
Joshua has been running with the Cross Country Team, and I'm incredibly proud of him for doing it. He has a bunch of AP classes this year, plus Seminary, so I'm not entirely sure he will be able to continue with it. He will have to manage his time very well, and after seeing the schedule of Cross Country meets, I don't know if there IS enough time to fit in all he needs to do!
We had grandiose plans for the summer. I didn't want the kids watching screens all day, so we implemented some goals and ideas and restrictions. We did not do as well as I would have really liked, but honestly, we did better than I expected. Well, we did till the last week or two, and then all bets were off! The kids did fairly well with their goals. Callie made some pretty ambitious ones. She did not learn to play the violin, but that was because we have neither a working violin nor a teacher. She did not learn to play Primary hymns on the piano, but she did take lessons and practice consistently. There were crochet lessons, and everyone completed the summer reading program. YM, YW and Faith in God goals were achieved, and everyone but Rylee passed the swim test. So I felt it was a productive summer. I had planned for more field trips and excursions, but it was so stinking hot! We did make it to Bunny Island and the Bio Park. I did take the kids out to eat at local off-base establishments twice, but I wish we had done it more.
I'm fairly pleased with our summer and think it went well. I am going to call it a win!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment