Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, August 18, 2014

Fun time with Miranda!

We drove to Oklahoma and made Miranda's house our last stop.  And, because I could, we stayed an extra day.  Mostly because I love my sister and her family, and I was really getting tired of driving.  We arrived Friday evening and settled in.  well, as much as one settles in for 48 hours.  Saturday morning, we went to the most fantastic Library event with Miranda's family.  It was really neat!  They brought every possible mode of transportation and put it on display.  The kids could climb in or on most things, and they did so with enthusiasm.

Rylee driving the fire truck.

 This was a really nifty plane.  You build it from a kit and it actually flies!  Not very fast and they said you don't want to fly in strong wind, but how cool! I want one!

 All the kids hanging in the (pink!) ambulance with Uncle Dan and Camden.... and the EMT.

Now Rylee is driving the cop car!

 Callie just wanted to pose in the police car.

 Who knew Tulsa needed an armored tank?!  I do not know what Joshua and Callie are doing.

Uncle Dan, Camden, Ethan and Rylee in the armored tank vehicle.

 Rylee is peeking out the hatch!

The bomb squad was there, showing off their robot.  It was pretty amazing.  Joshua was fascinated with it, and the guy was super nice, answering all our questions and letting the kids check it all out.

I love Rylee's face here.  She was impressed with the bomb root too.

 Most of the day you could go check out this helicopter. Rylee was sad that they closed it down as we got there.  Little did she know better things were in store!.

That helo took off and another flew in and replaced it! Awesomesauce!  Callie and her cousins are watching in fascination.

The new one is coming in for a landing.  I think the first one was a police one, and this was a news one.  Still, it is a helicopter!

  And one more round by the fire truck before heading home.  Isn't my sister the cutest?!  I loves her  And her adorable little boy too.

Then Callie had to have a turn.

And Marian made herself at home.  She was very disappointed that they had turned off the horn and sirens!

No comments: