Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Catching up on What is Going On

I know some may be wondering what on earth is going on with our life, so here is a little catch up.

We are moving to Iwakuni Japan.  We moved out of our house in Louisiana back in June.  Dan stayed there to wrap up work, when he wasn't gallivanting around the country visiting family with the rest of us.  We had a few commitments this summer and worked the rest of our travels around those things.  It was a lengthy process, involving driving the dog to Seattle and leaving him with a doggie sitter for 6 weeks.

This week, Dan finally sprung the dog from his sitter, and got the final vet check done.  I flew to Seattle with a passel of kids and we all met up last night (Aug 27).  Today, we awoke at the unholy hour of 1am to be at the airport at 2am, so we could check in for our flight.  We got that done by 3am.  Now it is just waiting waiting waiting, with a group of really tired and cranky kids.

Hmmmm..... that summed up a whole lot of fun and angst and stress and crazy!

But right this moment, we are waiting for our flight, and eventually, we will be in Japan!


1 comment:

Megan said...

I am praying for you right now, in your travels. May you get off that plane in Japan with your sanity intact. I look forward to reading of your new adventures.