I got a call last month informing me that both Callie and Delaney had been chosen as Student of the Month for March. I was surprised how many people congratulated me on having TWO wonderful kids who were students of the month. I felt a little annoyed by the lavish praise, because I think my kids are wonderful all the time and just because a kid does not excel in school doesn't mean they are any less smart or good. But it was still nice to have my girls recognized as the responsible, diligent children that they are.
There was a little assembly for all the kids who were student of the month and I got to attend it. I did not get good photos. The lighting was dreadful and the angles were worse. Plus, the girls did not want to hold still and let me take their pictures!
They went through each child, read something flattering and delightful that the teacher said about them and gave them a certificate and a goodie bag. At the end they got a sign to put in the yard.
There is Delaney in the front on the left. She was adorable.
Callie is trying really hard to hide in the middle.
And Rylee wriggled around on my lap and thought she was very funny.
Last week, I got a call telling me MARIAN had been selected as student of the month for April! I was a little shocked, since they usually choose someone with really good grades, who are typical "good students". Marian was pleased, but embarrassed by the attention. Her assembly was like the other. Her teachers said she had improved a lot and she was participating in class more. It sounded like she was "most improved" in the 5th grade. And she has worked hard and done well. I was definitely proud of her!
There's my girl, next to the greenish blurry lady. I'm so proud of her!

No comments:
Post a Comment