It was a fun morning. The weather was overcast and windy, which made the 70 degrees not feel to hot, despite the humidity. Callie's friend Aliye came with us and did the run as well. The girls had a good time, and their run was pretty short. Callie rocked it and came in first, followed by her friend. Marian was a bit old but didn't do well because her foot hurt. I think she hurt it a few days earlier in karate, but she was not very fast, and limped a bit. She wanted that goodie bag though, so she went for it! Delaney was in the middle of the pack and dashed for all she was worth.
There was a bigger turn out than prior base races- 30 people, maybe? I pushed myself and managed about a 9 minute mile pace. The course was NOT a 5k. My gps watch said it was only 2.7 miles, and I ran that in 25:16, and I was happy with it.
The after party was great- lots of yummy food, a bounce house and good times. Joshua was there because the school band came to play and did great. Dan and Rylee walked over to cheer us home and enjoy the festivities. It was a good time for all!
Callie and Aliye walking to the event. I love that they are good friends!
The kids getting ready for their race. Notice anything interesting? It is all girls!!
They mustered up a couple of boys and here is the line up.
Callie, coming down the homestretch! She was far and away the fastest. That's my girl!
Here comes Delaney! Looking adorable and girly.
Joshua, playing with the band. They did a good job, and it was fun to have them play the Star Spangled Banner before things kicked off. I was proud of my boy!
Here I am, moving towards the finish. Sure, I run like a Zebra, but I do it! (and I like it.)
I went back out and ran in with my friend Clarissa.
Rylee was cold and grumpy and ready to go home here.

1 comment:
Callie must be growing up. I thought that was a picture of Marian in the first shot.
And good job to all of you on your runs.
Post a Comment