I am delighted to announce some delightful news: Rylee is Potty Trained!!
I know, she's certainly old enough! She just did not want to do it. She had told me she was never going to potty train. She had refused to wear underpants. She was quite comfortable in her pull ups. The past few weeks I started actually trying to get her on the potty, rather than waiting for her to suddenly decide to do it herself (That worked with all the others, I don't know why she had to be contrary!)
She began to consistently poop on the potty and had about a 75% success rate with peeing. However, she was NOT going to wear underpants. She liked the security of that pull up.
Last week I bribed her with something she really wanted and told her if she wore underpants for a week, it was hers. What was this coveted item? Stompeez. Yes, that awful slipper who's ears fly up when you step. She has been asking for them for months and was sad she didn't get them for Christmas. It is SUCH a lame item with such limited use and value, there was no way I was getting it for her. However, desperate times call for desperate measures and I cam home with a pair and showed them to her. I said she had to wear underpants for a week and they were hers.
She did it. She wore underpants and she kept them dry and she earned her Stompeez. And up till today, she has been accident free. Tonight, Dan and I went on a walk with the dog, and when we got home, Delaney told us Rylee had had an accident. Here is the best part: It was in the bathroom and they had cleaned it up! Awesome Sauce!
Winter Ballet Performances Photos
1 year ago

1 comment:
Oh my gosh...training Ashley was the hardest. She had an accident just the other day at my friends house and she is 7!!!! Gee...when will it end.
Post a Comment