The kids have Spring Break this week. I know, it is a ridiculous time for a break, since school is all over in another month. But, whatever. They have no school all week, so we wanted to go out and do something. I thought it would be a good day to check "Alligator Farm" off our Bucket List. So off we went.
Sadly, I had looked at too many different things and got confused. I didn't realized the one we chose didn't open till 12. We arrived at 10, after an hour drive. Grrrr. I was grumpy about the wasted drive, and doubly grumpy that I hadn't taken the time to double check the details.
But we were here, so by golly, we needed a picture of the kids with an alligator! Whew! Thank goodness there was an alligator on site just for us to get our photo op in!
Callie had to be funny.
The kids were very good about the long drive to nothing, and were content to play on their DSs all the way back. I got to look at some pretty bridges and scenery.
We did stop by a great park, so it wasn't a complete waste. I particularly love this picture since you can see Marian in the front, and Joshua, Delaney and Callie behind. They had a lot of fun at the park.
This spinning thing was the best! I had a marvelous time on it myself!
Of course, my children must climb to the highest part of the park.
And more spinning.
More climbing.
I did stop by Wendy's to get Frosty's (or is it Frosties?) for everyone. They were pleased.
So many things to do at the park. They played longer than I expected. Joshua especially didn't complain as I'd have thought he would.
But he was happy to make faces for me as I took pictures!
Callie begged me to come over her and take shots of her on different equipment.
Delaney just dashed from one thing to the next.
"Take a picture, Mom!"
Yes, a good time was had, despite the alternate plans of the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment