3 of my girls had to have some dental work. I couldn't even remember who needed what, other than Callie. A month ago, the dentist told her that her two bottom teeth needed to come out but were going to need some work. She said Callie could wiggle them out but if they were not out by her appointment, the dentist would pull them. There was much drama over this for the last 4 weeks. Callie was quite anxious and distressed over this. If you read the blog post from Monday, you'll know she got one of those teeth out. Sadly, she still had to have the other one pulled. She also got sealants on her grown up molars. Marian got a little filling, as did Rylee.
I had 3 very unhappy girls when they came out. Rylee was unhappy that there was "something" in her mouth. She meant that her mouth was numb and she could not feel it. Marian was certain she felt something and there was a sore spot in her mouth. It seemed odd to me that she'd still feel the shot site, but she was adamant that it hurt right there. And she hated not feeling her cheek. Callie was nearly hysterical that I hadn't come back to hold her had like I had promised. The dental assistant said Callie was fine and doing well, and never asked for me, so they just did all the work. I was a bit grumpy, because I HAD promised I would hold her hand and I had been very clear that they were to come and get me when the tooth puling was imminent. But it was over, it is done and thank goodness for that!
Aside from Rylee chewing the heck out of her numb cheek and waking up crying multiple times last night. Poor kid.
Thank goodness the Pediatric Dentist has this awesome play place! Rylee was sufficiently distracted to forget about her mouth for a while and it stopped her crying.
Marian would wander off to play, but would return to fuss.
I love this Rylee is probing the numb mouth and Marian is in mid-whine.
This is Callie's tooth. Check out how long that root is!! Yeah, this is her baby front bottom tooth!
Here she is, with her new smile and cute lisp!

No comments:
Post a Comment