Saturday was the Base 5K. Dan and I ran it last year and it was a very small affair. It was also very very cold. This year was a little different! There were probably twice as many runners, and it was hot and humid for the run. Bleh. I think there were 30 runners and it was 70 degrees when we started off at 9am. Well, 9:15.
Dan was awesome and trotted over to a point 2/3 of the way through the race to take pictures. Here I am. I'm running with my friend and she made me run faster than I usually do!
I thought it wouldn't be that much harder to step it up, but I was wrong! I can go forever at an 11 minute mile and I can feel pretty good at a 10 minute mile, but she had me at 9! It did not feel good at all.
Yeah, we're cool. We hammed it up for Dan. I'm gasping for air but you can't tell. I was so done in that I couldn't even make a glorious sprint to the end. I was only able to lengthen my stride. She whupped me big time on the finish. But I don't care. My time was 27:17. And I will confess, it was only a 3 mile run. The Garmin put it at 3 on the dot. No .2 in there at all. Still don't care. 27:17 is still a PR for me at 3 miles! So I was happy, but pooped.
This was the best shot ever. This family started out running together- 1 kid running, and 2 in the stroller. This is how the Dad finished- 2 kids in the stroller, 1 on his shoulders. He was still jogging along. I was immensely impressed!

No comments:
Post a Comment