I'm tired of unpacking. I'm tired of trying to figure out where to put stuff. So I quit. Well, I quit for 2 days. One of my break days was yesterday. I had planned to take the kids to the aquarium, but I got an email from a lady from church who asked if we wanted to go to the Zoo's Splash Park that day. Um... yes!
We met up with her and followed her there. It was not the way the GPS would have gone, so I'm sure we got there faster. The splash park was awesome! It was packed as well. It was also fully contained, so if I was missing a child, I at least knew they were all inside the fence. And I promptly lost most of the children. They had a marvelous time.
Marian was like a ghost. I'd see her and then she would disappear. She would just slip from one thing to another. Very hard to get pictures of her.
Delaney was skipping from the slide to go on it again. Did I mention she went on it over and over and over?! She did!
Joshua was a good brother. He played with Rylee and she got so mad at him for using "her" water. She's becoming quite the little tyrant!
Rylee, dancing in the spray. The water sprayed everywhere, so it was very dangerous territory to take the camera into!
After 2 hours of fun, it was time to head home, but we got distracted by the little play area they had. So we played for 10 minutes.
Then we got distracted by something else...
So, I survived our first encounter with going into the city. Since I got year passes, I expect we'll be going again. Today I have unpacked some more boxes and am condensing the "Aack!" stuff. I'll eventually have to deal with it, but not today!

3 comments:
That looks really fun. I am feeling a little homesick with your New Orleans adventures.
"The Mom" in the above comment, must be me, Megan. I created a new blog today about our journey to Min Jing, and I changed my profile, because it is public. I guess I should go back and change it back to Megan.
Fun. We went to a swamp in New Orleans that had board walk to walk through and was full of real alligators that could have come up and eaten us but instead they just layed there. I'll have to ask Nate if he remembers the name of it. You'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment