Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Making the best of it

I tried to take the kids to the pool today. Unfortunately, today was the first day of their new, not-friendly hours. They were not open at all today for swimming. The children were bitterly disappointed. I was grumpy because I had gotten them all ready and sunscreened and we'd walked through the sweltering heat to get there. And then we walked back home. Not wanting to waste all that effort, I unpacked the last 3 boxes of outside stuff and located the hose. It was at the bottom of the last box. I hooked up the hose and sent the kids out.

They decided to create their own pool!

Yep, it is just big enough for 2.

Oh no! There's a breach! Water is escaping through the corner!

Don't worry, Delaney has a plan to fix the hole.

Rylee was downright territorial. It was HER box and HER hose. And she had a fabulous time.

And then it suddenly wasn't fun any more.

And I realized I had forgotten to post a picture of the front of the house. We're #2 in a row of 5 town homes, and yes, I have a balcony out my bedroom.
The mess is 200 boxes, after the children demolished them. The moving van will come tomorrow and haul them all away. Thank goodness! It is starting to be less fun and more eyesore than I like. I'm relieved that Housing hasn't cited us for it yet! (Living here is like living in a really strict HOA, without the fees or voice.)

No comments: