Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Slacker

I am a slacker. I cannot seem to get myself together. I have 500 things I should be doing. These are the same 500 things I should have been doing a week ago. And I am running out of time. We have a house in New Orleans and a move-in date and I need to start my southward trek in 2 days. 2 days people! And its not even a real 2 days. I really only have one day. I should be in bed right now, but I'm not. Tomorrow I have a playdate (which I SHOULD have scheduled last week, and I darn well AM going to because it's with my friend, too) and I have a not-date to go see the new Harry Potter movie (which was scheduled last week and I AM going to because it will be my only chance to see it in the theater). Tomorrow I also have to run some laundry and sort through a ton of things so I can figure out how to stuff all my stuff into my 5 suitcases and figure out where to stuff the stuff that's not going to fit in them. Then I have to figure out how to smash it all into the van. I have some concerns about the possibility of it all going in. I am suppose to drive away Thursday morning. I also have some concerns about that happening as well.

I am so not ready to go! I have not returned my overdue library books; not paid the $6+ fine I owe from a summer of chronically late books (worth every penny!). I have not made it to the post office to mail a box. I have not had time to run off to visit all my favorite thrift stores. I have not spent enough time with my friend Wendy, or my friend Beth. I have not read half the books I wanted to and still have 75 pages to go before I am done with my current library book (Lady Friday by Garth Nix). I have not cleaned up the house like I meant to. I have not finished off the ice cream in the freezer. I never got around to a few art projects with the kids either. We never made it to the pool and only got to the lake once. We still have free stuff coupons from the Library Reading Program that we haven't used. Sigh.

Doesn't that mean that it was a good summer?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

no way, you are not a slacker