While in Iowa, we went to Des Moines, to the Living History Farms. It was pretty amazing. It shows how they farmed in the 1700s, 1800s and 1900s. They actually do the farming. I was quite impressed and would have loved to have stayed all day. Alas, it was close to 100 degrees by noon, and we had a lot of tired, grumpy children. Still, it was well worth going!

The inside of the Indian Hut.

Yep, the chickens are always a hit. The girls thoroughly enjoyed catching them. The chickens were surprisingly docile, which was good.

A baby cow in on the other side of the fence. It was so cute!

Marian let Camden pet the chicken. Too cute.

Callie is too cool!

Rylee was still raring to go, and Camden was all tuckered out. I think everyone had a good time before the heat and hunger overcame us.

So we went home and set up the pool. Boiling hot air, ice cold pool water..... hmmmmm.

Did I mention that Dan flew out to spend the weekend with us?! Yep, he did and it was nice to be with him.

Yeah, Marian doesn't like to smile for pictures.

Rylee was obsessed with the "keycaah". I let her out to the porch to play, not realizing that she was terrorizing the poor cat. Maybe the cat was really dumb, I'm not sure. The poor cat would walk away, Rylee would scoop it up and it would eventually flop or wiggle out of her grasping fingers. And she would go after it again. I'm not sure why it didn't run away. I went out to rescue the cat, but.... er, em, I didn't.

I thought the cat was going to get away here. He poked his head through the bars and looked like he might jump. I guess he thought the 12 foot drop was a bit much, because he changed his mind. Unfortunately, Rylee seized the moment and pushed the cat off the deck.... down 12 feet. I think it actually landed on its feet. It gave me a very disgruntled look before sauntering away. Poor cat.
No comments:
Post a Comment