Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Milestones

This week marks several impressive milestones. I suppose you may not care, but they are kind of a big deal to us, so I am going to share!

1. Delaney decided she wanted to wear underpants on Tuesday. So she did. She was quite cross with me when she woke up Wednesday morning to see that I had put a diaper on her after she fell asleep. She managed to keep a dry diaper 3 nights running, and I let her wear underpants to bed the next 2 nights. Unfortunately, last night she did not stay dry. Ug. She also may or may not have had an accident in her underwear this week. She says she did not, but the wet spot on the floor would say otherwise. She did admit that water ran down her leg, but she hastily assured me that it was NOT pee. Riiiiight. That was the only accident I know of. I don't really count the ones in the bathroom as accidents. She did make it there a few times, but wasn't fast enough to get her pants down in time. Since there is no rug or furniture involved, and she was in the right place, I do not really consider that an accident. So, at 3 1/2 years old, Delaney is pretty much potty trained. And just the way I like it- with no work on my part!

2. Rylee is walking. She is now walking more than she is crawling. She will stand up wherever she is and toddle where she wants to go. If she falls down, she is more likely to stand back up again that she is to crawl. Rylee will turn 10 months old this week. She's advanced for her age!

3. We paid off the van! A year and 2 months ago, we bought the van, our 2007 Sienna. Our goal was to pay it off in a year and we almost made it! We now own both our cars and have no car loans at all! Yay for us! The only debt we have right now is mortgage payments. I'm thinking we should have a party.

4. One of the older children, who has struggled with bed wetting, has made the step to go pull-up-free and is managing to stay dry at night most of the time. This is a huge thing and very exciting for us. The thought that we will only have one kid in diapers is a thrilling one.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Those are exciting milestones! I think I am most excited about #4 for you. But the others are pretty amazing.