Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Friday, April 10, 2009

Flat Stanley

Marian's class read the book Flat Stanley at school. They then made their own Flat Stanley's, which they brought home for Spring Break. Their homework was to take him with them for the week and report back on the adventures they had with Stanley. I decided it would be so much more fun if we took pictures! Granted, we did not do much in the way of exciting adventures, but it was still fun to document everything we did this week. (I will develop the pix and we'll make a book for her to take to school on Monday. ) So, here are some shots of what we have done this week with Marian and her Flat Stanley .

I took the kids to a park on base that I've never stopped at before. They always beg when we drive by it, but I'm always in a hurry to get somewhere. So this time we went, and it was a beautiful day. They played for all of 20 minutes and then were bored. Well, not Marian. She loves the monkey bars, and she's very self entertaining.

My goal had been to hit about 4 parks this week. We only made it to 2. This is the park that's about 3 miles down the road. The kids had a great time, despite the fact that it was blustering wind and I was freezing!

Flat Stanley got to come with us out to lunch at Chevy's. I love, love, love their floutas! Yummy in my tummy. The children were all very well behaved and we got a bunch of free kid's meal passes on the way out! Yay!

You can't really tell, but Delaney pulled off his left arm just before we got to Home Depot. I do not like the HD here. I cannot find anything! Hauling all 4 children up and down every single aisle to find what I need was pretty rotten. And no, they did not have anyone helpful in there. I was grumpy. (And yes, we were able to tape the arm back on, good as new!)


We were going to go to the Zoo on this day, but it was raining. It looked beautiful until about 10am, and then the drizzle started. Then it continued all day long. Very dreary. The kids had a picnic in the living room and enjoyed that.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

HOw fun I've seen flat stanley before. My niece brought her on her trip. Also I'm so happy your are now not throwing up anymore, yeah! Also I love Marian's hair, it's so cute short on her.

Jennie said...

Looks fun. We had to send ours to a different state.

Jenny Dahlke said...

Marian's hair is really cute! Joey just did Flat Stanley, we sent him to Savannah. Alan went crazy, he took Stanley all over the place. After reading his itinerary and looking at the pics I'm thinking we need to make a trip. I hope Marian has fun sharing her Stanley experience with the class.

Anonymous said...

I totally love Mariann's hair. Man has she grown up so quick. I love the flat stanly. I wish I got to carry a flat stanly and not a bag of flour for a week.