Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, December 10, 2007

Holiday Craziness!

I love Christmas! I love the songs, I love the sights, I love the smells, and I definitely love the food! We did decorate the house, even though we won't be here for Christmas. The kids have rearranged the ornaments on the tree so many times now. I still have to put bells back on the tree fairly frequently. Their other favorite decorations to remove are the little snowman ornaments that have the kids' names and pictures on them. I find these scattered all over the living room. That's why we have no breakables on the tree.

It was 76 degrees here today. I couldn't decide if I should turn on the AC or not. Not very Christmassy! I also haven't done my usually flurry of holiday baking. I usually attempt to make toffee at least twice before giving up, and I always make several batches of caramels. That's gotta be my favorite! But this year I've only made chocolate pie. A new thing for me, but so very melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

I have a bazillian things on the calender that I have to remember to do, and I have to get everything ready to leave next week. I'm a little worried about fitting everything into the van for our trek north, and I am a little concerned about a 15 hour drive with the kiddies. It should all be worth it though! I love Christmas the most because I love family!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Your kiddos are cutie pies! I bet it is crazy around there. I have a hard time keeping up with one. LOL
Thank you so much for the prayers and for the link to your friends blog. I will definitely pass it on to my sis too.

Thank you again,

Sheri