Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Kicking off the summer!

We ran off for the summer as soon as possible after the girls were back from their activities.  I decided that driving is miserable no matter how you do it, and we went for 2 long days of it instead of 3 shorter days.  It was rough, but we did it.
We made a short detour for lunch in Phoenix so I could say hi to my awesome friend April.  It was 110 degrees there.  Yuck!

I was all excited to stop by the Cadillac Ranch.  The GPS said it was right off the highway so I thought it would be a perfect potty stop.  And we planned for that.  Unfortunately, it is just this- a bunch of cars, nose down in a field, but no facilities at all.  The problem is, that I had timed it just right for a bathroom break and we did not have time to get out and play with such full bladders.  So we did a drive-by and made a beeline for the closest gas station.

We made it safely to Dad's house, but later than I had hoped. We were delighted to settle in.  And Marian was delighted to befriend the local wildlife.

This little guy was super cute!

And Marian wanted a shot of his pretty tail.

We enjoyed walking the gravel road, and it also provided some new friends.

So cute!







 

No comments: