Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, March 15, 2020

St Patrick's Day 10k Race Report

 Kadena holds a St Patrick's Race in Mach.  They do a 5k, 10k and half marathon. Marian and I signed up to do the 10k.  It was held on March 14.... Pie Day!
I was thrilled to pick up my race packet and discover my number was 314!!  How appropriate for Pi Day!  Delaney added the pi symbol for me.

It was a gross and rainy morning.  I would not normally run in that sort of weather- I hate having squishy, wet shoes!  But we had a race, so off we went.  This is our pre-race selfie as we huddled under the trees. 

Official race photographer took this and I swiped it from the FB page.  

The race was awesome for the first half.... because it was pretty much 3 miles of downhill.  That really really stunk when we turned around and had to then run back up the hills.  It was pretty brutal.  But we did not walk and we finished, and it was a good race.  Marian finished about 5-10 seconds faster than me because she ha more sprint left at the end!

We had hoped to be faster, but those awful hills killed us.  Still happy with the time though!

No comments: