Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Why I'm hating life

While I was playing with family and having a marvelous time in the USA, Dan had been in Okinawa.  He miraculously was offered a house exactly where we hoped to be.  We had been told that Aug 29th was the estimated arrival of our household goods, so Dan got a set of loaner furniture.  They do a one time drop off and pick up of this loaner furniture.  So, when our stuff arrived on JULY 29, a month earlier than anticipated, Dan didn't have the loaner stuff picked up, in case I wanted to keep some of it for the next 3 years (I did). So he had a house full of furniture when the movers arrived with all our furniture and crammed it in.  Dan was alarmed at the space all the boxes were taking and asked the movers to unpack.  Apparently "unpack" meant "dump contents in a pile on the floor", because that's what they did.

I arrived home to a house I had never before seen and to this awful mess on August 16.  I was not pleased.

This is the kitchen.  Since he was using it, Dan had put things away a bit so it doesn't look too awful.

This is the dining room.  

Different dining room angle. 


Dining room from the other side.

Living room, with all the dressers and night stands in it. 


 Other side of the living room.

Front entryway.  These are about all the boxes left to unpack and there were about 30 of them. (2 weeks later and most of them are still there!) 

 View down the hall, mattresses and beds lining the wall.

The big closet.  And I think, It HAD to have been easier to put things in the back and fill it up that way, rather than dumping it all in the front.  There were an awful lot of "What the HECK?!!" moments during the first few days.  And why?  Why is stuff in all the wrong rooms?  Why is all the closet stuff lying on the floor rather than hung up?  Why are my Ball gowns under a pile of toys in the girls' room? Why?!

And why didn't the movers put the support bar on Delaney's loft bed?  That one had an answer.  Because they broke 3 of the 4 barrel nuts that went to it.  But, HOW?!

 This is how I felt the entire first week.


On the plus side, I don't know that I mentioned that Dan was able to get Levi over to Okinawa easy peasy.  Our most amazing and awesome neighbors in Iwakuni, who loved Levi more than us, doggie-sat him all summer.  A week before I flew in to Okinawa with the kids, Dan had a work trip back to Iwakuni and he was able to add Levi to his return ticket and brought the dog back with him.  Poor Levi was so confused.  But he is happy now that all his people are home!

No comments: