Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Thursday, June 16, 2016

And after Callie's is MY Birthday

 I planned to do nothing for my birthday, but my friend Sylvie-Anne suggested we go on a birthday lunch, since her birthday was a few days later.  So we did.  And it was lovely.  then she took me by her favorite pastry shop and bought me a delightful little cake (just big enough for one!).  That was especially nice.  I had said I wasn't going to make a cake for my birthday because there had been a LOT of desserts already that week. (Pie on Saturday for a get together, pie on Sunday for Seminary Graduation, more pie on Monday for FHE dessert with the sister missionaries, cupcakes on Tuesday for Callie's birthday and Callie's cookie pizza on Wednesday!!!) It turned out that the tiny little cake was perfect.  I hoarded it till the kids were in bed and then enjoyed my own little birthday cake all by myself!

How did they know?!!

The amazing pastries!  I got the chocolate square one on the top left.  Yum!! 

Rylee's gift to me was this delightful drawing. 

No comments: