We enjoyed the Ferry ride over to the island.
Callie and Delaney entertained themselves just fine.
Callie had bagged up some grass to feed the deer on the island.
And Dan was a little more excited about petting deer than Miranda.
I had to get in some artsy scenic photos.
It really is so pretty there!
There were some funny staged shots as well.
The girls think they are SO funny!
We explored areas we had never been before and it was fun.
Callie and Delaney wanted to pose with this guy.
We stopped to play at the little strip of beach because, why not? We had time!
Some pants may have gotten wet, and shoes were definitely sandy.
The place was pretty packed with students. These lovely girls stopped us to ask questions for their assignment. They were very cute.
Ryle took a water break. She loves her water bottle. She really just likes the "tea cup" feature.
Selfie with the Torii.
Selfie with my awesome sister and her husband. I am super sad to say I think this is one of only 2 photos of the 3 of us. Oops.
The Japanese students gave us a lovely origami dragon for helping with their questionnaire. Ryle promptly claimed it as her own and carted it all over the island. Sadly, just before we went home, she left it out and unattended and a deer ate it.
Two of my favorite girls!
Riley is photobombing Dan and Miranda's photo and doesn't even know it.
Me and my Dan
Posing with the weird giant stuffed animal.
Delaney had to do it too.
We took Dan and Miranda out for Okonomiyaki. They liked it.
It was tasty!
Then there was more frolicking on the beach.
More feeding the deer.
And a little sandcastle building before we headed home.








1 comment:
The stuffed animal the kids posed with is Totoro from a VERY popular movie by Hayao Miyazaki called "My Neighbor Totoro". I haven't seen it, but I've seen one of Hayao Miyazaki's other movies that was fun. He's super famous and I'm sure you've seen Totoro and some of his other characters around since I see them all over the place here in Idaho! (Though I saw much more in Portland.)
Post a Comment