The kind where you look at it and think, "No way, that's not a road!"
But right down the little road, sure enough, was a yellow house with parking spots in front.
And the front door looked just like it did in the photo someone else posted.
You walk inside, and there is a place to take off your shoes, and then you can sit and wait. Laura very much enjoyed the massage chair while she waited for me!
I am use to American doctors, and the idea that my back is out of whack enough that I do routine maintenance on it. Here, you walk in and they ask where it hurts and work on that. Perhaps if I spoke Japanese, or they spoke more English, it would be more what I am use to?
I said my hip hurt and I was having numbness in my right hand. I was directed to a chiropractic table and he adjusted my neck. Then I was directed to a chair where the stim stuff was and I had 5 different sets on zapping me with little buzzes of electricity for 15 minutes. After that I was led to a table where I was face down and they poked acupuncture needles in my lower back and hip. It did not hurt. Next, they hooked up the electric buzzy thingy to some of the acupuncture needles, and that was weird, but not horribly uncomfortable. After 15 minutes on that, the chiropractor guy came back with what looked like a small silver hairbrush with pokey metal bristles and poked my hip with it for a few minutes. Then we were done.
I paid the grand sum of less than $18 American dollars for that.
Best part, my hip feels better. Not all better, and I think if I could have explained why it might be hurting, he could have done more. Because there are definitely parts that are totally pain free, and then parts that still hurt.

1 comment:
Yay for friends who will go with you to strange new places. And Yay that the Chiropractor helped you hip to feel better!
Post a Comment