While I do not do Pintist myself, that doesn't mean I can't appreciate all the lovely things that other people do pin. And the lovely-lovely things that are shared. I discovered this fabulous blog- the Sassy Pepper- through the beauty of Pintrist and I HAD to try it out! So I did. Results- super easy, super cheap and came out well.
The picture here is too dark. I was too excited to try this so I one-hour photoed them to Walmart so I could run out and buy canvas and mod-podge and get started. I do like the way it turned out. However, I was a bit heavy handed on the mod podge and that wasn't good. It makes the photo a little glare-ey from certain angles.
So I tried it with my very favorite picture of my folks. Much better! Except I need to work on my border technique. Perhaps black is not the way to go, I think. But aside from that, I love it!
By the way, these were both 8x10 pictures on 8x10 canvas and I trimmed the pictures just a tad.
Marian decided she wanted to use some of the pictures from Africa to put to canvas as well. I had gotten the 6"x6" four pack from Walmart as well. We grabbed a couple of the photos from her Africa book (the one the pages were coming out of) and mod podged away. Sadly, the pictures from the book wrinkled a bit. I was surprised how well they turned out, because the bubbling was pretty significant at the beginning.
Yep, they came out nicely. Marian picked the blue border paint. I'm not in love with it, but she's happy.
And now for some completely random pictures that I felt the need to share:
This is the sign at the Baptist Church. If you can't read it, it says, "Stop, Drop, and Roll does not work in Hell". Makes me giggle every time I drive by.
And this is the creepiest, most disturbing Halloween costume I think I've ever seem. And how spectacularly awesome, because it doesn't look too hard to do!

No comments:
Post a Comment