Saturday was not as windy or rainy as I thought it would be. The kids spent most of the day running around outside. That resulted in a lot of fire ant bites because the little boogers float in the water and the grass was all water. So Delaney really won't walk on the grass now! I braved the grass and got 2 bites when I heard about this guy!
What?! What is that?! Yep, it is the alligator who lives in the canal in front of the house!
Here he is! About 4 feet long with a surprisingly fat tail.
The alligator was about 500 yards from the front door. Fortunately, he was on the far side of the canal and he seemed uninterested in coming to our side. 10 children jumping up and down may have intimidated him. It was pretty exciting. And then the fire ants started biting and the jumping was for an entirely different reason.

1 comment:
You really are getting the whole La. experience. It's like a foreign country, but so neat. Having lived there 7 years, I never saw an alligator out my front door. But, I also learned not to every play in our near the canals, mainly due to the water moccasins.
I read your weekly letter, my vote is--get the generator!
Post a Comment