Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Traveling... in pictures

Monday, I picked the kids up from school and met up with Dan about a mile away. We had both the car and the van comfortably packed. I was fairly impressed with the amount of extra space we had.
Do they look ready?! They were very ready!

The girls thought the hotels were the best thing ever! We even ran into one lovely lady several times and she sweetly commented on how cute the kids were and how well behaved. That totally made my day.

We saw lots and lots of this.

What on earth is this, you ask?!

That was Marian's coping strategy for the sun coming in to much. She was watching movies on the laptop. She loves sitting in the front. She gets a little car sick in the back and she's good company, so I am happy to have her up with me. Plus, she doesn't torment Callie when she sits next to me.

Joshua at a rest stop. We managed to keep the potty breaks to a minimum and Rylee is the only one who had any issues. I think Huggies is not meant for her bum. She pees through them way to often when we travel.


It cracked me up that Delaney fell asleep with her finger stuck in her hair.

Welcome to Kentucky! We stopped here for the night tonight so we could meet up with Dan's sister.

We had a marvelous time wearing out the kids at the pool. It was a daggone cold pool too! I didn't stay in very long, and Rylee was blue after an hour. But the kids did not want to get out.

Delaney and her cousin had fun together. Rachael showed Delaney how to "swim" with her floaty and Delaney got the hang of it just before she had to get out of the pool.


Callie thought she was hot stuff, but she about gave me a heart attack when she carried Rylee around. The kids had a great time at the pool and I hope it makes them sleep well tonight!

Wednesday will probably be our longest drive. We've done 7.5 hours both Monday and today. Tomorrow we will finish the drive to my folks house. We'll hang out with them for a bit before heading to our new home. So far, so good though. The kids have been marvelous for the most part and driving has been less arduous than I anticipated. That means tomorrow will probably be horrid!

No comments: