I'm sure you have waited with bated breath to know how things are going. We spent another 7 hours in the car on Wednesday, but didn't cover quite so many miles. We spent most of the drive slinging around curves and up and down hills on 2 lane roads. The great thing is that there were very few drivers on these roads and we could go as fast as we wanted. Er, I mean, we were not hampered by slowpokes.
And then there was the immediate beeline for the treehouse. Yes, even Rylee climbed up there all by herself.
Yep, it still worked. Rylee wanted to try it too, but she did not get to. She got a helping hand down (again, and again, and again....).
I love Callie's big grin as she zooms down. The zipline goes from the treehouse (about 7 feet up) down to the tree, and I think it is a bit high, but the kids LOVE it.
Grandma tried to teach Rylee how to get out of the treehouse all by herself. It didn't work.
There goes Joshua! The kids have spent most of their days outside playing in the treehouse, on the zipline or on the swings. I love it!
Today was the Red White and Blue Festival. There was a 5k this morning and Dan went to run in it. I made all the kids get up and ready and out the door by 7 this morning and some of them were not too happy about it!
We got there in time to cheer Dan in. He was 6th overall. I think it was only the high school's cross country team who beat him. He was first in his age group.
While he was a bit shy of his goal time, he still had a good time. The hills and nasty humidity slowed him a little. He did great, and added another medal to his collection. That's my man!
Callie and Marian were very entertained by this grasshopper they found.
Isn't it cool?! It looks like a blade of grass!
Soon they were arguing over who's turn it was to hold it and they fought over the poor thing. I made them let it go before we got in the car. I hope it wasn't too traumatized.
Next stop was a pancake breakfast. All you could eat of pancakes, eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. The kids really packed it away and behaved pretty well. They were also the only kids there. Okay, there were one or 2 other ones, but mostly it was attended by retirees, and they were all happy to see the littlies.
It was wicked hot today. The outdoor thermometer at the house said 98 this afternoon. We set up the little pool and the kids played and cooled off a little.
So, the kids are having fun and it will get even more fun (and extremely hectic) tomorrow after some cousins arrive. Yay!

No comments:
Post a Comment