Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Monday, August 2, 2010

Why I love my kids!

The children have been especially fun lately. I'm not sure if it is the new house and all the fun that it entails, or if it is that Rylee is in a great new phase, but there have been some giggle-worthy moments lately. Let me give you some examples......

Marian found an extra large plastic bag and made it into a "jacket" which she then wore all afternoon. She was particularly thrilled to see how handy it was at dinnertime, when she spilled food on herself. She wore it until she and Callie had a big fight and the "jacket" was damaged and the ensuing fisticuffs result in the loss of her treasure.

Rylee has had a marvelous time exploring all the new things. I am now quaking at the thought of how to set up the house, now that she is delighted to pull books and DVDs from their shelves and she revels in the destruction once the mess is made. This is where I found her the other night. I was checking email and I heard her fussing. When I got up to see why she was upset, I had to laugh. And grab the camera.

Delaney herself is a hoot. She cracks me up and you never know what is going to come out of her mouth. I really need to keep a notebook and pen in my pocket and write this stuff down. She was running around wearing nothing but her striped underwear and socks on her hand, babbling some hysterical monologue and I couldn't resist. She didn't cooperate for a picture, but believe me, she was a riot!

The fun new thing is to race circuits around the living room and kitchen. The kids had made it more of a race track with Rylee's ride-on toy, an Marian was giving Rylee a ride. It made them both very happy, since the kids are not suppose to be on Rylee's toy. Marian got away with it because she was sharing it with her sister, and they were both having fun.

When her feet came off the floor and kicked, I nearly cried with laughter. She was really trying to get something in the very back and had a little difficulty.

She had more trouble getting out!

Marian thought it would be funny to put Rylee on her head. For some reason, Rylee loved it. She had a great time, but Marian got tired pretty quickly, and needed help to get her off. You may see that Marian has lost her right side top tooth. That makes 7 teeth out for her!

Joshua also likes to put Rylee on his head. She enjoys it a little, but prefers to be able to sit on shoulders so she can grab hair.

And this young man has only lost 2 teeth so far, but is working on #3. It grosses me out, but he has been doing this all day today. Eeeeewwwwww.
(Oh Mom, I solved the visible wires problem by hanging the quilt on the wall there! It is perfect!)

And this I just love. Callie is suddenly afraid of the dark. So I leave her closet light on. In the interest of space in her room, the kids' bookshelf is in there, and this is usually how I find her once she is suppose to be in bed.

No comments: