Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Not so settling back in



First, some cute Christmas pix that I didn't have on the computer before! Then onto the other stuff...

Its been a crazy long week! The kids are so great about whatever we do, but I think it caught up with them. Delaney quit sleeping so well. She stayed up way late a couple nights (11pm, midnight) and on the nights she went down at a decent hour, she woke up at an indecent hour (2:30 am, 4am)! I'm pretty sure its mainly her crying that has given Joshua sleeping issues. He had night terrors for the first time which freaked me out. And nearly every night this week he has come in with bad dreams. I have a little kiddie pull-out couch on the floor by the bed and he has slept on that most nights.
Marian also came in once or twice with bad dreams. Poor kids. They are about back to normal now. Delaney slept all night after going down a little after 11pm last night. She's still not napping so well, but I have high hopes for that this week. Last night Joshua didn't come in till 4am and he said no, he didn't have a bad dream, he just liked to sleep on my floor. Good to know!
I'm also working on weaning Delaney. My sister in law, Kera is going to watch her while I go on an 8 day cruise!! So I need her weaned. We are down to just twice a day now and tomorrow we start cutting out the morning nursing. I am kind of sad about it. She will be 11 months old on Jan 14, so she's old enough, but I'm still sad. I would have preferred to nurse until she was ready to quit.... unless she didn't ever want to stop! I'd have been fine for a few more months.
I am waaay excited about this cruise though! It is a Book of Mormon cruise! How cool is that? Dan is sending me, while he stays home with the other 3 kids. It is pretty expensive, and for him to come too, and to figure out what to do with all the kids....! Well, it happened like this: my parents are going on it and they invited any of us kids to come too. My sweet hubby said I needed to go and he would make it happen. And he is! I am terrified to leave my baby for so long. And with my sister in law. I mean that in a good way! Kera will be great, but Delaney doesn't know her. I'm just scared. I'm sure it will be fine. And I will have a great time!

1 comment:

Mikal said...

I hope everyone has finally settled back in. It is especially hard for kids when their routine has been upset.