Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Wisdom Teeth Blues

It was recommended that Callie get her wisdom teeth our sooner rather than later, because the roots on her bottom teeth were growing into the nerve.  Since Rylee and Marian had had decent experiences with the oral surgeon up the road, we took Callie there too.  I will not embarrass her (too much) by mentioning how hysterical (and not the funny kind) she was about the iv. The oral surgeon was awesome and got it done and then she went to sleep.

This is her, right after getting home.  She's giving me a thumbs up so I know she's okay. She had just spent 2 minutes shaking her head and giggling at how it felt like she was on a roller coaster, and then she flopped over.

Levi was very concerned about her and she told him she was fine and that he was a good dog.

Callie was vastly amusing and I laughed so very hard. We got some great videos. When I asked how she felt, she told me she was like a toaster, and you put the toast in and it goes to another dimension, and she's the toast in another dimension. 

She's telling me that she can't feel her tongue, and can't tell if she's touching her tongue or her lips.  I told her that if it felt dry, it was her lips, but if it felt wet, then it was her tongue.  She thought I was brilliant.  

She did amazing, even when the hilarity wore off. She wasn't in too much pain, but she kept on top of the meds.  She was really swollen (all 4 teeth were impacted), and she couldn't move her jaw for almost a week.  But she was great, and she survived!

 

No comments: