Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Kokeshi Doll Painting Take 2

 Today I went and painted Kokeshi Dolls with Delaney and Rylee.  This time I did not do a doll myself, I just sat with them and tried to assist.  Both of them knew exactly what they wanted to do and they did not want any help from me.  It was an incredible trial for me to sit there and not snatch the paintbrush away and neaten everything.   Delaney did let me paint an extra layer on hers, and Rylee did let me outline her stuff in black, and I was happier after that.

Intense concentration with the first brush strokes.

 Ryle wanted a sparkly pink body.
And she was very intense with her painting. 

Having a good time. 

Looks random to me, but it is a bow and a.... I have no idea.


She did want sparkles in the hair, but she's unhappy because I put them in the wrong spot. Sigh. 

Happy girls and the dolls turned out pretty cute!  Can you tell what Delaney's doll is?! 

 Delaney's doll is a Girl Scout!  And Rylee's is a pretty pink and purple with a flower and butterfly on the front.  They had a really good time.  I was impressed that they worked so hard on these dolls for about 2 hours and did not get bored.

Me and my sweet cutie-pies!

No comments: