Lovin' the Life

Lovin' the Life

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Haters Gonna Hate

Rylee is having a hard time lately.  Well, she has a hard time a lot when she doesn't get what she wants.  However, she has recently begun to say, "I hate you!" when she's unhappy and not getting her way.  I know some parents take this very seriously, but it honestly doesn't bother me, and I don't really pay attention to it.  And in case you are wondering, no, it doesn't help her get what she wants.

A few weeks ago, she was screaming on the floor that she hated me.  She wouldn't eat any dinner, so she wasn't getting dessert.  She was really unhappy about this.  But she still didn't get any dessert.  A bit later, she came and snuggled into me and said, "I don't really hate you. I just don't like it when you don't do what I want."

And a few days ago, she wanted one of the very last Cadbury Creme Eggs.  The ones I have been hoarding since the Easter candy clearance.  I said no.  She was very angry about this and screamed and carried on.  She told me if I didn't give her one, she would hate me forever.  I told her that was too bad, she still wasn't getting one.  A bit later, she crawled into my lap and howled, "I don't want to hate you forever!"

Such a pickle.  I love that girl!

No comments: