This is what I've been looking at the last 3 days:

Yikes! This was much more in focus when it was smaller! Yes, Delaney napped nicely in the car. She also teased her sister, cried, whined, giggled, colored, threw toys, watched videos, and did very well.

I finally saw the Arch in St Louis. I have to tell you I was a bit cross though. I had gotten on the 64, which was to take me almost all the way home, but it kicked me off onto a detour, and when I took this picture, I had no clue where I was or how I was getting back to the 64. But I followed all the signs and there it was!

I saw a lot of nothing.

Callie got to be my co-pilot for part of the drive. She was torn between getting to sit up front with me, or watching movies in the back. Sitting up front won for an hour or 2 and then it was back to movies. She was an amazing traveller. It was a
looong, boring drive for us all. I ate a bag of M&Ms and a bag of Twizzlers to stay awake and I felt so pukey.

I saw
waaaay too much construction!
Ug. I hated it. Plus, we had to stop almost every hour, and no, it wasn't for me. Callie had to pee nearly every hour on the hour. It meant we got to stretch legs regularly though, and that was nice.

We saw lots of lovely Kentucky.

This was where I was going to stop for the night. Then I realized the hotel was in the middle of downtown. Yikes! I hate, hate, hate trying to navigate center-city streets. So we kept driving. Unfortunately, in West Virginia, there is nothing. I mean nothing! So we kept driving and driving and driving! I think we went another 2 hours till we found a suitable stopping point.

Who-hoo!! We made it to Virginia!

Yep, we're in Virginia. I know it looks like there's plenty of space here, but this was bumper-to bumper, standing traffic from the time we got on the 95, till the time I got off. I hate traffic!
So yes, Callie, Delaney and I made it home safely. Callie is busy reacquainting herself with all her toys, and they are now strewn across the floor. However, she has played quietly pretty much since we arrived home at 4:30 yesterday! Life is good.
1 comment:
Sooo glad you had a nice trip and made it home safely! And glad the girls were so good. I heard you came home to mice! Sorry--that sucks!
Missing you guys already! Have a great rest of the summer.
Post a Comment